1) FIRE INCIDENT: – On 7/2/2014 about 0500hrs, there was a report at Sabo Police Station that fire gutted a room in Complex Hotel at Yaba College of Technology (YABATECH) Yaba. The fire was put out by policemen and firefighters who were mobilized to the scene. Cause of the fire is suspected to be power surge while value of property destroyed is also yet to be estimated. No life was lost. The case is under investigation at Sabo Division.
(2) ARREST OF ARMED ROBBERS/RECOVERY OF ARM AND AMMUNITION: – On 7/2/2014 about 0030hrs, policemen attached to Lion Building Division while acted on a tip-off at Balogun Street, Lagos Island arrested two armed robbers who had been terrorizing Lagos Island. One Mukaila Kosoko ‘m’ ‘aka’ Okiki of no fixed address and one Rasheed Kosoko ‘m’ of No.73, Oshodi Street, Lagos Island. One locally made single barrel gun with one cartridge was recovered from them. The case is under investigation at State Criminal Investigation Department, Yaba.
(3) SUSPECTED ARMED ROBBER/RECOVERY OF A TOY PISTOL: – On 7/2/2014 about 1430hrs, a policeman attached to Mopol 22 Ikeja while on duty at Access Bank Ikorodu arrested one Demola Ajigbade ‘m’ 32yrs old of 41 Road ‘F’ Close House 2 Festac Town with a toy pistol in front of GTBank Lagos Road Ikorodu. The suspect attempted to rob one Charles Akpati ‘m’ of Fakoyabe Street, Igbogbo Road, Ikorodu of his money at aforesaid street. The case is under investigation at State Criminal Investigation Department, Yaba.
(4) ARREST OF ARMED ROBBERS/RECOVERY OF ARM AND AMMUNITION:- On 7/2/2014 about 0215hrs, police patrol teams from Shomolu, Alade and Onipanu Divisions while responding to a distress call at Awofeso Street, Pedro area had an encounter with armed robbers. At the end of the fierce battle, three suspects were arrested while others escaped with bullets wounds. A double barrel shot gun with two live cartridges were recovered from the robbers. The case is under investigation at State Criminal Investigation Department, Yaba.
(5) FATAL MOTOR ACCIDENT:- On 7/2/2014 about 2330hrs, there was a report at Ikotun Police Station that at Wazobia Bus Stop Okerube, Ikotun, a commercial vehicle with Reg. No. XT 793 EKY driven by one Ikechukwu Kenneth ‘m’ aged 32yrs, hit two pedestrians namely Ezekiel Olaloye ‘m’ aged 20yrs and David Olaloye ‘m’ aged 18yrs. Victims were rushed to a nearby hospital Ikotun where one of them Ezekiel Olaloye later died. Corpse removed to Isolo General Hospital Mortuary for autopsy. Ikotun. The case is under investigation.
(6) LONE FATAL MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT:- On 7/2/2014 about 2100hrs, there was a report at Ijora Badia Police Station that an unregistered Honda motorcycle ridden by one Tochukwu Odoh ‘m’ of Coast Street, Ebute-Metta fell off the bridge into 7up Bottling Company Plc, Ijora. Victim died on the spot, corpse deposited at Apapa General Hospital mortuary for autopsy. The case is under investigation at Ijora Badia Division.
(7) FIRE INCIDENT:- On 7/2/2014 about 0500hrs, there was a report at Ketu Police Station that fire gutted Gangare area of Mile 12 Ketu. The fire was put out by the police patrol team and firefighters mobilized to the scene. Cause of fire and value of property destroyed are yet to be ascertained. No life was lost. The case is under investigation at Ketu Division.