• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Home
Metrowatchonline
Saturday, August 22, 2026
  • Home
  • News
  • Security
  • World
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Security
  • World
No Result
View All Result
Metrowatchonline
No Result
View All Result
Home Security

Military Beefs up Security at INEC Office in Lokoja over Siege by Mob | METROWATCH

Publisher by Publisher
November 30, 2023
in Arms Of Govt., Highlights, Security, Top News
0
BAYELSA 2023 | Group Faults INEC on Manual Transmission of Bayelsa Guber Results | METROWATCH

*Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC logo

 

By Thompson Yamput

 

The military beefed up security around INEC’s headquarters in Lokoja on Wednesday following a siege laid on the premises by a mob.

ALSO READ...

Troops Rescue 59 Kidnapped Victims, Kill Scores of Terrorists in 1 Week

Osun: Adeleke Now with Oppressors after Death of 29 Supporters, Says Isaac Fayose 

Commissioner of Police in Kogi, Mr Bethrand Onuoha invited the military to the INEC office after the mob laid the siege.

Onuoha alerted the Commander, 12 Brigade of the Nigerian Army, Brig.-Gen. Haruna Dasuki to assist in securing the INEC office.

“I have no option other than to invite the military to join us, the police, in securing the INEC office.

“The presence of troops really helped. It is the responsibility of the police to protect all citizens and property and that we will continue to do,’’ Onuoha assured.

INEC itself had earlier reported to the police that its office was under siege.

Its Resident Electoral Commissioner, Dr Gabriel Longpet, stated in Lokoja that the mob barricaded all accesses to the office and prevented employees from discharging their duties.

“The mob also prevented counsel representing political parties that took part in the Nov. 11 off-cycle governorship election in the state from inspecting documents and materials used in the exercise.

“It took the intervention of the Nigerian Army to calm the situation. The security agencies have assured us that they will maintain normalcy on our premises,’’ he stated.

Longpet assured all political parties and litigants that INEC would grant unimpeded access to all materials needed to prosecute their petitions on the election.

 

 

(NAN)

Tags: INECKogi 2023Nigerian Military
Previous Post

Anti-corruption Laws Are Still Alive, ICPC Warns NDDC Staff | METROWATCH

Next Post

400 Anaesthetists Left Nigeria to Other Countries in Last 2 Years, Says Society | METROWATCH

Publisher

Publisher

Related Posts

INEC

Osun 2026: INEC Uploads 84% of Results to IReV

August 15, 2026
INEC

Osun Election: INEC Uploads 37 Per cent of Election Results to IReV

August 15, 2026
Osun

Osun 2026: Physically-challenged Woman Excited over Her Special Treatment at Polling Unit

August 15, 2026
Osun

Osun 2026: Early Turnout of Voters, Heavy Security Presence in Osogbo, Ede, Ilesa

August 15, 2026
Davido

Osun 2026: Your Mission Will Fail, Davido Tells Ebonyi INEC REC

August 15, 2026
Tinubu

Tinubu to INEC, Security Agencies: Protect Osun Voters, Ensure Credible Election

August 14, 2026
Next Post
400 Anaesthetists Left Nigeria to Other Countries in Last 2 Years, Says Society | METROWATCH

400 Anaesthetists Left Nigeria to Other Countries in Last 2 Years, Says Society | METROWATCH

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Home

© 2026 Metrowatch Online Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Security
  • World

© 2026 Metrowatch Online Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved

Go to mobile version