• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Home
Metrowatchonline
Sunday, August 23, 2026
  • Home
  • News
  • Security
  • World
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Security
  • World
No Result
View All Result
Metrowatchonline
No Result
View All Result
Home Business

CBEX: EFCC, Interpol Launch Probe into N1.3tn Fraud

CBEX collapsed on Monday, and thousands of investors were unable to access their funds, with many of them besieging the Lagos and Ibadan offices of the platform.

Emmanuel Babs by Emmanuel Babs
April 16, 2025
in Business, Highlights, Top News
0
EFCC

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has begun an investigation into the alleged N1.3tn frauds perpetrated through a digital investment platform, CryptoBank Exchange, known as CBEX.

CBEX collapsed on Monday, and thousands of investors were unable to access their funds, with many of them besieging the Lagos and Ibadan offices of the platform.

EFCC spokesman, Dele Oyewale, revealed on Tuesday that the anti-graft agency would join forces with the International Criminal Police Organisation to probe the incident.

According to Oyewale, an investigation into CBEX had already been launched before its collapse.

He added that the commission is working to ensure that both the local and international operators behind the fraudulent scheme are apprehended.

ALSO READ...

NHIA Offers Up to N400,000 Subsidy for Cancer Patients’ Radiotherapy

OPINION | Why Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway Project is Beyond 2027 Elections, By Owaikhena Osikhekha

“We had our intelligence before the incident. We were already working on it, but now that the scheme has collapsed, the major actors and their collaborators will be brought in.

“We will ensure that we save Nigerians from all these troubles associated with Ponzi schemes. Don’t forget that we already issued an advisory — the 58 companies we alerted the public about. There are many more we are currently investigating.

“We are actively working to handle the CBEX situation. We will collaborate with other regulatory agencies to ensure that Nigerians are protected from this kind of scheme.

“We will do our job—where recovery is possible, we will recover; where prosecution is possible, we will prosecute.

“Overall, we will do our best. Additionally, there are similar frauds across the country that people are unaware of, and we are working to uncover them.

“We are on the local collaborators while we are partnering INTERPOL to trace the foreign operators,” Oyewale stated.

 

Daily Sun

Tags: CBEXEFCC
Previous Post

Dangote Cement Wins Platinum at ICAN, NGX’s Corporate Reporting Award

Next Post

Sultan to Nigeria Government: We Have Condemned Killings Enough, Let Military Kill the Killers

Emmanuel Babs

Emmanuel Babs

Related Posts

peter obi

Peter Obi Reacts to EFCC Freezing Osun Govt Account

August 6, 2026
EFCC

Osun: Why We Didn’t Freeze Ekiti Govt Accounts, Says EFCC

August 6, 2026
Tinubu

BREAKING | ‘I Feel Deeply Embarrassed by EFCC Action in Osun’, Says Tinubu, Orders a Halt

August 6, 2026
EFCC

Why EFCC Froze Osun State Government Account

August 5, 2026
EFCC

EFCC Freezes Osun State Government Account

August 5, 2026
Adeleke

Osun 2026: Gov Adeleke Alleges EFCC Plot to Freeze Govt Accounts

August 5, 2026
Next Post
Sultan to Nigeria Government: We Have Condemned Killings Enough, Let Military Kill the Killers

Sultan to Nigeria Government: We Have Condemned Killings Enough, Let Military Kill the Killers

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Home

© 2026 Metrowatch Online Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Security
  • World

© 2026 Metrowatch Online Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved

Go to mobile version