• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Home
Metrowatchonline
Sunday, February 22, 2026
  • Home
  • News
  • Security
  • World
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Security
  • World
No Result
View All Result
Metrowatchonline
No Result
View All Result
Home Highlights

Man Shot Dead after Trying to Enter Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Resort

The man, who was in his early 20s and from North Carolina, had a gas can and a shotgun, according to Anthony Guglielmi, the spokesman.

Emmanuel Babs by Emmanuel Babs
February 22, 2026
in Highlights, Top News, World
0
Man Shot Dead after Trying to Enter Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Resort

An armed man drove into the secure perimeter of Mar-a-Lago, President Donald Trump’s resort in Palm Beach, Florida, before being shot and killed early Sunday morning, according to a spokesman for the U.S. Secret Service. Trump was not there but was at the White House in Washington.

The man, who was in his early 20s and from North Carolina, had a gas can and a shotgun, according to Anthony Guglielmi, the spokesman. He had been reported missing by his family a few days ago, and investigators believe he headed south and picked up the shotgun along the way.

Guglielmi said a box for the weapon was discovered in the man’s vehicle after the incident, which took place around 1:30 a.m.

The man killed was identified by investigators as 21-year-old Austin Tucker Martin, according to a person familiar with the matter. The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to publicly discuss details of the investigation.

Trump has faced threats to his life before, including two assassination attempts during the 2024 campaign. Although the president often spends weekends at his resort, he and first lady Melania Trump were at the White House when the breach at Mar-a-Lago occurred.

The man entered the north gate of the property as another vehicle was exiting and was confronted by two Secret Service agents and a Palm Beach County sheriff’s deputy, according to Palm Beach County Sheriff Ric Bradshaw.

 

“He was ordered to drop those two pieces of equipment that he had with them. At which time he put down the gas can, raised the shotgun to a shooting position,” Bradshaw said at a brief press conference. The two agents and the deputy “fired their weapons to neutralize the threat.”

The FBI asked residents who live near Mar-a-Lago to check any security cameras they may have for footage that could help investigators.

ALSO READ...

Stakeholders Warn: How New Executive Order May Collapse Financial Framework of Nigeria’s Oil and Gas Operations

Tinubu Congratulates Winners of Kano, FCT, Rivers Election

In a post on X, FBI Director Kash Patel said that the bureau would be “dedicating all necessary resources” to the investigation.

Investigators are working to compile a psychological profile and a motive is still under investigation. Asked whether the individual was known to law enforcement, Bradshaw said “not right now.”

On Sunday afternoon, vehicles blocked the entrance to a property listed in public records as an address for Martin at the end of a private road in Cameron, North Carolina.

Braeden Fields, Martin’s cousin, reacted with disbelief. He described Martin as quiet, afraid of guns and from a family of avid Trump supporters.

“He’s a good kid,” Fields, 19, said. He said they grew up together. “I wouldn’t believe he would do something like this. It’s mind-blowing,” Fields said.

He said Martin worked at a local golf course and would send money from each paycheck to charity.

“He wouldn’t even hurt an ant. He doesn’t even know how to use a gun,” Fields said.

He said his cousin didn’t discuss politics.

“We are big Trump supporters, all of us. Everybody,” Fields said, but his cousin was “real quiet, never really talked about anything.”

 

 

Text except headline courtesy of Apnews.com

Tags: Donald TrumpFloridaMar-a-LagoUS
Previous Post

Tinubu Congratulates Winners of Kano, FCT, Rivers Election

Next Post

Stakeholders Warn: How New Executive Order May Collapse Financial Framework of Nigeria’s Oil and Gas Operations

Emmanuel Babs

Emmanuel Babs

Related Posts

Christians

REPORT | Trump Considers Limited Strike on Iran to Press Nuclear Deal

February 20, 2026
Christians

U.S. Freezes Assets of 8 Nigerians over Allegedly Funding Boko Haram, Others

February 16, 2026
Nigeria

Religious Freedom Bill Will Give US Powers to Sanction Those Persecuting Christians in Nigeria, Says Riley Moore

February 13, 2026
Christians

Canada Slams Trump’s Threat to Stall Cross-border Bridge Opening

February 10, 2026
Board of Peace: Indonesia May Deploy 8,000 Peacekeepers to Gaza

Board of Peace: Indonesia May Deploy 8,000 Peacekeepers to Gaza

February 10, 2026
Shehu Sani

US Has No Bigger Stake in World Peace, Prosperity, Says Shehu Sani

February 2, 2026
Next Post
Stakeholders Warn: How New Executive Order May Collapse Financial Framework of Nigeria’s Oil and Gas Operations

Stakeholders Warn: How New Executive Order May Collapse Financial Framework of Nigeria's Oil and Gas Operations

  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Home

© 2026 Metrowatch Online Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Security
  • World

© 2026 Metrowatch Online Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved

Go to mobile version