• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Home
Metrowatchonline
Tuesday, August 18, 2026
  • Home
  • News
  • Security
  • World
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Security
  • World
No Result
View All Result
Metrowatchonline
No Result
View All Result
Home Highlights

ADC Queries Alleged N10bn Ransom Paid for Papiri School Abduction Victims

While welcoming the safe return of those abducted, the party warned that such actions, if confirmed, could undermine national security efforts.

Emmanuel Babs by Emmanuel Babs
February 25, 2026
in Highlights, POLITICS, Top News
0
ADC

The African Democratic Congress, ADC, has called on the Federal Government to clarify reports alleging that over N10 billion was paid and detained insurgents released to secure the freedom of abducted pupils and staff of St. Mary’s Catholic School, Papiri.

In a statement signed by its National Publicity Secretary, Bolaji Abdullahi, the opposition party said it was concerned about international media claims that the administration of Bola Ahmed Tinubu made payments and freed two senior commanders of Boko Haram to secure the victims’ release.

While welcoming the safe return of those abducted, the party warned that such actions, if confirmed, could undermine national security efforts.

The party noted that authorities had earlier denied paying ransom following the release of the victims.

It also referenced the position of the National Security Adviser against ransom payments, stating that the law prohibits negotiations with kidnappers.

ALSO READ...

Davido Laments Lack of Unity Among Afrobeats Artistes Despite Genre’s Growth

Wike Orders Demolition of Houses Blocking Water Channels in Maitama

“Allegations of ransom payments at this scale raise serious concerns about terrorism financing, the rule of law, and the safety of citizens,” the statement said.

ADC urged the government to provide a clear account of events surrounding the abduction and rescue operation.

“The ADC calls on the federal government to issue a categorical explanation on whether any ransom, directly or indirectly, was paid and whether any detainees or captured terror actors were released,” the party stated, warning that any contradictory action could encourage future attacks.

The party further criticised what it described as inconsistency in government policy on ransom payments.

“No serious government will sacrifice national security principles on the altar of political expediency,” the statement added, stressing that clarity on the matter was necessary to maintain public trust and strengthen efforts against kidnapping and terrorism.

Tags: ADCBolaji AbdullahiFGGovt
Previous Post

Okpebholo Condemns Attack on ADC Members, Blames Internal Party Rift

Next Post

Champions League: 4 Teams Qualify from play-offs to Round of 16

Emmanuel Babs

Emmanuel Babs

Related Posts

Adeleke

ADC Congratulates Adeleke on Osun Governorship Election Victory

August 16, 2026
Dele Momodu

Osun Election is between Adeleke, Tinubu, Says Dele Momodu

August 13, 2026
ADC

Osun Election Do-or-Die Affair for APC, Says ADC

August 13, 2026
Atiku

2027: Nothing Can Stop Me, Atiku Likens Himself to Abraham Lincoln

August 12, 2026
Atiku

Osun 2026: Atiku Questions Alleged Plan to Deploy Outdated BVAS

August 12, 2026
Dele Momodu

Osun Election is APC’s Dress Rehearsal for Presidential Poll, Dele Momodu to Adeleke

August 8, 2026
Next Post
Champions League

Champions League: 4 Teams Qualify from play-offs to Round of 16

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Home

© 2026 Metrowatch Online Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Security
  • World

© 2026 Metrowatch Online Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved

Go to mobile version