• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Home
Metrowatchonline
Tuesday, May 19, 2026
  • Home
  • News
  • Security
  • World
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Security
  • World
No Result
View All Result
Metrowatchonline
No Result
View All Result
Home Highlights

Court Remands 4 Suspects in DSS Custody over Plateau Killings

The arraignment could not proceed due to the absence of defence counsel.

Emmanuel Babs by Emmanuel Babs
April 23, 2026
in Highlights, Judiciary, Top News
0
Court

A Plateau State High Court on Thursday remanded four suspects in the custody of the Department of State Services, DSS, over the March 28, 2026, killings in Angwan Rukuba, Jos North Local Government Area.
The court adjourned the case until April 30, 2026, for arraignment.

The arraignment could not proceed due to the absence of defence counsel.

The suspects, Isa Umar Ibrahim; Auwalu Abubakar, also known as Auwalu Dogo; Musa Abubakar Ibrahim, also known as Yaroro; and one other, were arrested by the DSS between April 3 and April 10, 2026.

They are facing charges bordering on criminal conspiracy to commit terrorism and other related offences filed by the Plateau State Government.

ALSO READ...

Wizkid Becomes First African Artiste to Hit 11 Billion Spotify Streams

Francis Agbo, Former Reps Member, Wins APC Benue South Senatorial Ticket

According to the charge signed by the State Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice, Philemon Daffi, the suspects allegedly conspired to plan, organise, facilitate and fund the attack on Angwan Rukuba, which led to the death of more than 30 persons.

The offences are said to be contrary to Section 269 and punishable under Section 270 of the Plateau State Penal Code Law, 2017.

When the matter came up before Justice Gidelia Damulak Fomyong in Court 12 in Jos, the suspects, through an interpreter, requested an adjournment to enable them engage a counsel of their choice.

The Solicitor-General of Plateau State, Joel Tagven, who represented the prosecution, did not oppose the request but urged the court to remand the suspects in DSS custody to allow for continued investigation.

The court granted the request and ordered that the suspects be remanded.

The March 28 attack on communities in Bokkos and Bassa Local Government Areas, including Angwan Rukuba, left no fewer than 30 people dead.

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu had earlier visited the state and assured victims that those responsible would be brought to justice.

Tags: CourtDepartment of State ServicesDSSPlateau
Previous Post

Proposed Anioma State: Ned Nwoko Deceiving Our People, Doing Wrong Thing, Says Okowa

Next Post

Not Aligned with Any Party, I’m Freelance Politician, Says Bala Mohammed

Emmanuel Babs

Emmanuel Babs

Related Posts

El-Rufai

DSS Accuses el-Rufai’s Family of Inciting Public against Judiciary

May 19, 2026
El-Rufai

NSA Ribadu’s Phone Bugging: El-Rufai Gets N100m Bail

May 18, 2026
court

Registration: Court Dismisses ADA Suit against INEC ahead 2027 Election

May 13, 2026
N33.8Bn Fraud: Court Sentences Saleh Mamman, ex-Power Minister, to 75 years Imprisonment

N33.8Bn Fraud: Court Sentences Saleh Mamman, ex-Power Minister, to 75 years Imprisonment

May 13, 2026
court

UPDATE | Alleged N33.8Bn Fraud: Court Convicts ex-Power Minister Mamman in Absentia, Orders His Arrest

May 7, 2026
Atiku

‘They Are Coordinated Terror Attacks’, Atiku Slams Tinubu over Plateau Killings

May 7, 2026
Next Post
Bala Mohammed

Not Aligned with Any Party, I’m Freelance Politician, Says Bala Mohammed

  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Home

© 2026 Metrowatch Online Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Security
  • World

© 2026 Metrowatch Online Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved

Go to mobile version