• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Home
Metrowatchonline
Saturday, February 21, 2026
  • Home
  • News
  • Security
  • World
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Security
  • World
No Result
View All Result
Metrowatchonline
No Result
View All Result
Home Highlights

Delta Govt Warns Against Encroachment on Asaba Waterfront City, Vows Demolition of Illegal Structures

The Special Project Director of the Asaba Waterfront City, Hon. Barr. Victor Ebonka, gave the warning in Asaba during an inspection of the project site, accompanied by officials from the Ministry of Lands and Surveys.

Emmanuel Babs by Emmanuel Babs
January 31, 2026
in Highlights, News, Top News
0
Delta

Special Project Director, Asaba Waterfront City, Barr. Victor Ebonka (left), questioning workers at an illegal construction site encroaching on the Asaba Waterfront City project area during a routine inspection while an official from the Ministry of Lands and Surveys looks on.

The Delta State Government has issued a strong warning to property developers and members of the public against encroaching on the Asaba Waterfront City project site, declaring that all illegal structures erected within the area will be pulled down.

The Special Project Director of the Asaba Waterfront City, Hon. Barr. Victor Ebonka, gave the warning in Asaba during an inspection of the project site, accompanied by officials from the Ministry of Lands and Surveys.

Barr. Ebonka explained that the entire expanse of land designated for the Asaba Waterfront City had been duly acquired by the state government, fully gazetted, and that all rightful landowners had been adequately compensated before the acquisition.

He stressed that the land is government-owned and therefore highly encumbered.

ALSO READ...

By-election: Kano REC Lauds Security Agencies for Securing Exercise

FCT Polls: Abaji Voters Decry Omission of Names on Voter Register

He expressed concern that some individuals had fallen victim to fraud perpetrated by land speculators and other unscrupulous elements who exploited the ongoing development in the area to deceive unsuspecting buyers.

According to him, prospective land buyers must always verify the status of any land by consulting the Ministry of Lands and Surveys, the Town Planning Office, and other relevant authorities before making any purchase, particularly in high-profile development zones such as the Asaba Waterfront City.

“That is why we are here today to mark illegal structures and fences for demolition. Occupants are not entitled to statutory notices because this is fully gazetted government land,” he said.

Barr. Ebonka advised affected persons to immediately seek refunds from those who sold the land to them illegally and to remove any structures or encumbrances they had placed on the site.

“Government will not hesitate to act. All illegal structures will be demolished, and those responsible will bear the full cost of the demolition,” he warned.

He added that it was in the best interest of those involved to salvage what they could, noting that bulldozers would soon move in to clear all illegal developments on the land.

The Special Project Director disclosed that the ongoing excavation works were preparatory activities for proper land reclamation.

He identified North China Construction Company and Falklands Nigeria Limited as the two major developers currently operating in the area.

“North China Construction Company controls a little over 300 hectares and is developing the Waterfront City, while Falklands holds the larger portion, which will be developed as Niger City. These are two major cities that will emerge here in the near future,” he said.

Expressing confidence in the technical capacity and readiness of the developers, Barr. Ebonka said substantial portions of the land would be reclaimed within the next two to three months.

“In the coming weeks, there will be visible and extensive reclamation works. This marks the second phase of the project. The first phase involved the construction of access roads, payment of compensation, and securing all statutory approvals,” he explained.

He stated that the state government, under the leadership of Governor Sheriff Oborevwori, had fully met its obligations under the project, having secured all approvals and released the necessary funds in good time.

“The responsibility now lies with the developers to carry out their obligations, including land reclamation, construction of the bond wall, provision of access roads, and delivery of other world-class infrastructure as stipulated in the Memorandum of Understanding,” he added.

Barr. Ebonka described the Asaba Waterfront City as a fully integrated, self-sustaining, state-of-the-art city, comprising residential zones, an ICT hub, an economic and commercial hub, as well as hospitality and leisure facilities.

He commended Governor Oborevwori for his proactive, peaceful, and visionary leadership, noting that the prevailing peace in the state had been crucial to the steady progress recorded on the project.

On the project timeline, Barr. Ebonka expressed optimism that, based on the current pace of work, the Asaba Waterfront City would be substantially delivered within the next three years.

PRESS UNIT,
GOVT.HOUSE, ASABA

Tags: AsabaDeltaDelta State GovernmentHon. Barr. Victor Ebonka
Previous Post

NNPC Ltd Unveils Gas Master Plan 2.0

Next Post

No Plans to Remove Sanusi as Emir of Kano, Says Gov Yusuf

Emmanuel Babs

Emmanuel Babs

Related Posts

Uphold Integrity, Professionalism, Oborevwori Charges Police Cadets

Uphold Integrity, Professionalism, Oborevwori Charges Police Cadets

February 6, 2026
Oborevwori

Jubilation as Oborevwori Inaugurates Model Technical College, Omadino

February 2, 2026
Oborevwori

Oborevwori Flags off Construction of N59.7Bn Uromi Junction Flyover in Agbor

January 20, 2026
Oborevwori to Flag off Construction of N59.7Bn Agbor Flyover Project Jan 19

Oborevwori to Flag off Construction of N59.7Bn Agbor Flyover Project Jan 19

January 18, 2026
Oborevwori, Service Commanders, Others Honour Nigeria’s Fallen Heroes

Oborevwori, Service Commanders, Others Honour Nigeria’s Fallen Heroes

January 15, 2026
Delta Govt Assures Workers of Safety as  NLC Stages Peaceful Protest Nationwide

Delta Govt Assures Workers of Safety as NLC Stages Peaceful Protest Nationwide

December 18, 2025
Next Post
Yusuf

No Plans to Remove Sanusi as Emir of Kano, Says Gov Yusuf

  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Home

© 2026 Metrowatch Online Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Security
  • World

© 2026 Metrowatch Online Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved

Go to mobile version