JAMB Releases another Batch of 15,490 Results

*JAMB Registrar Oloyede



Share On:
By Martin Paul in Abuja 
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has released another batch of 15,490 results earlier withheld for further scrutiny over all edged infraction at the 2019 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) on Saturday, May 11, 2019.
The Board said the release of the results was sequel to further probe of the identity and involvement  of some candidates who were suspected of being involved in infraction or another.
A statement signed the Board Head of Media, Dr. Fabian Benjamin, stated that JAMB has “cleared and released the results of 15,490 candidates in this category.
“The release followed the expert review of the cases of this category of candidates who were requested to upload certain credentials for scrutiny”.
JAMB said that the review, the category of candidates were further classified into five groups of: “Those who have sufficiently proved their innocence those with inconclusive evidence of culpability and were given the benefit of the doubt because of the guiding principles of the Board that it is better for many criminals to go free than to punish one innocent candidate. Consequently, the results of categories (i)and (ii) were part of the 15,490  released on Saturday, 8th June, 2019. They are to send RESULT to 55019 for their result.
“Those whose upload of evidence necessitated further interrogation.  They have  been notified and invited (through phone call, their profile, text message and email) to designated centres across the country for further clarification of the evidence against them.  It is in their interest to attend otherwise the evidence will be taken as conclusive.
“Those whose culpability have been firmly established thus necessitating the cancellation of their results. A total of additional 321 results were therefore conclusively cancelled and the  candidates are being notified.
” Those who did not heed the advice to upload evidence of their identity vis-a-vis the other impersonators and there are incontrovertible evidence of their culpability.  They also have their results cancelled along with category (iv) above. Further more, four  additional CBT centres  were found culpable and were also delisted”.
It would be recalled that the Board had last week released the results of candidates earlier cleared of wrongdoing.  It has also conducted fresh examinations  in two centres – Abuja and Otuoke where it was convinced of the genuine need to examine  the 490 candidates who missed examination as a result of apparent communication lapses . The Board has endured the pains of this tedious exercise  in order to sanitize its process and ensure that only genuine candidates are enrolled into the Nigerian tertiary education system.
The Board is still deeply saddened by the discovery of clusters of examination syndicates and the depth of their nefarious activities hence our renewed commitment to exterminate all forms of examination malpractices at least as it concerns UTME.
The Board will continue to deploy cutting-edge technology and also engage the services of globally-acclaimed experts to ensure that the sanctity of its examination is protected.
The truth is that, the Board is unequivocally committed to changing the ugly narrative about  the conduct of public examinations in Nigeria and, as such, would not be deterred by the antics and propaganda of vested interests that may want to derail its avowed commitment to doing the needful at all cost.
Share On:

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here