The attention of the Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries (MFM) has been drawn to an online fictional story credited to one Maxwell Honeymoon Ndamzi Iwezor, a Facebook user, who claimed she was sent out of the church premises at 2:30amduring a vigil in 2017.
We state as follows:
1. After investigation, it was discovered that nothing of such happened.
2. The Mountain of Fire & Miracles Ministries since inception doesn’t hold weekly services and night vigils on same day. Our meeting days are Sunday, Monday and Wednesday (for the International Headquarters) while the regions and branches hold their services on Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Our vigils for workers hold once a month on a weekend and not on a week day and same applies to the general church vigils.
3. The church is known for its charitable works at different levels and as such we have various ministries such as: We Care, Ministry to the Homeless, Ministry to the Motherless, Mission Outreach and many more.
So, if we as a church that values human lives and also engages in charity, how can it be said that we sent someone out in such ungodly hour of the day.
4. From the aforementioned, it is clear that Mr. Maxwell Honeymoon Ndamzi Iwezor is only out to create mischief and nothing more. Worst of all is the unprofessional manner with which some “bloggers” are quick at jumping on publishing one-sided stories without balancing from the other parties involved.
5. It should also be noted that our attention has equally been drawn to different versions of the same concocted story. In another version, Mr. Victor Israel and Lady Frances Tabitha Olivia Ogbonnaya, also claimed that the church threw them out, but in a clear rehash of Maxwell’s write up, indicating mischief.
6. In conclusion, we use this medium to warn the social media outfits that had scooped the fiction posted by Maxwell Honeymoon Ndamzi Iwezor to desist from their ungodly and crude journalism that is aimed at tarnishing the image of the church as our legal department is already considering all available remedies to redress this defamatory publication.
Hilda Oghuma Anipr (150499)
P R O