MNJTF, Col. Timothy Antigha, in a statement, said: “In a recent engagement, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance platforms as well as ground attack aircrafts from a coalition of Cameroonian, Niger and Nigerian Air Forces intercepted and destroyed Boko Haram Terrorists in Tunbum Rego, a prominent island in Lake Chad, believed to harbor High Valued Boko Haram Targets.”
In a related development, MNJTF troops from Sector 4 attacked Boko Haram assets in Arege, killing scores of terrorists in the process. A summary of personnel and equipment casualties suffered by Boko Haram in the last 2 days alone are shown below:
1. Thirty three terrorists killed in Action.
2. Two Gun Trucks recovered.
3. One Amoured Personnel Carrier destroyed.
4. Two Motor Cycles destroyed.
5. One 120MM Motar Tube recovered.
6. Twelve AK 47 Riffles recovered.
7. Two 60MM Motar Bombs recovered.
8. Three Thousand Seven Hundred and Thirty Six (3736) rounds of assorted ammunition recovered.
9. One Binocular recovered
10. Two Hand Grenades recovered.
Antigha, also said: “The MNJTF wishes to warn individuals still associated with Boko Haram to surrender themselves for demobilization and rehabilitation, while the opportunity still exists.”