By Ngozi Ekhator
As part of efforts to increase patronage at the Eastern Ports, the management of the Nigerian Ports Authority has approved a 10% discount on harbour dues in all concession terminals at the Eastern Ports.
General Manager, Corporate and Strategic Communications,
Nigerian Ports Authority, Jatto A. Adams, said in a statement that Ports that will be affected by the initiative include Calabar, Rivers and Delta Ports.
He also said that “The Authority however wishes to clarify that this discount will only apply to harbour dues payable by the following types of vessels/cargoes:
1. Container vessels with at least 250 TEUs
2. General Cargo vessels with at least 16,000 MT
3. Combo Vessels with at least 16,000 MT
4. RORO Vessels with at least 250 units of Vehicles
Adams further said that “These discounts shall not apply to:
1. Vessels coming INBALLAST
2. Vessels calling at private jetties.
3. Vessels calling carrying Liquid bulk.
“The application of these discounts will take immediately effect”, he added.