• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Home
Metrowatchonline
Monday, August 17, 2026
  • Home
  • News
  • Security
  • World
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Security
  • World
No Result
View All Result
Metrowatchonline
No Result
View All Result
Home Highlights

Benue: Ex-convict, Not Herdsmen behind Wannune Shooting, Says Police

In a statement issued by the Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Udeme Edet, the command described the circulating claims as misleading and false, clarifying that the incident in question was an isolated shooting unrelated to any herdsmen activity.

Emmanuel Babs by Emmanuel Babs
June 22, 2025
in Highlights, Security, Top News
0
Police

*Police

The Benue State Police Command has debunked viral social media reports alleging a herdsmen attack in Wannune, Tarka Local Government Area, stating that no such incident occurred.

In a statement issued by the Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Udeme Edet, the command described the circulating claims as misleading and false, clarifying that the incident in question was an isolated shooting unrelated to any herdsmen activity.

According to the statement, at about 8:00 p.m. on June 21, 2025, police received a distress call reporting that one Aondoakaa Yayough had been shot dead along Akume Road in Wannune. Detectives were immediately dispatched to the scene.

Preliminary investigations and eyewitness accounts identified the shooter as Saater Aii, an ex-convict. Although local security operatives initially apprehended him, he managed to escape. Two other individuals sustained gunshot injuries during the incident and were rushed to the hospital for treatment.

ALSO READ...

Arsenal Remain Determined to Sign Osimhen Despite Galatasaray Warning

Osun: I Bought No One, Stood Alone, Says Davido 

An AK-47 rifle used in the attack was recovered at the scene, and police detectives are currently working to track down and arrest the suspect.

“There was no report of herdsmen in Wannune,” DSP Edet emphasized, urging the public to refrain from spreading unverified information and to rely on official and credible sources for updates.

Tags: BenuePoliceTarka Local GovernmentWannune
Previous Post

Remnants of Boko Haram Insurgents Responsible for Borno Bombing, Says Tinubu

Next Post

Pastor Enenche Stops Dunamis Church from Broadcasting Live Services, States Reason

Emmanuel Babs

Emmanuel Babs

Related Posts

Police

Osun Election: Police Arrest 295 Suspects

August 17, 2026
Troops

Troops Rescue 3 Kidnap Victims in Benue

August 16, 2026
Police

Osun 2026: Police Arrest Lawmaker, 146 Suspected Political Thugs

August 15, 2026
Peter Obi

Benue Attacks: Government Failed Otukpo-Nobi, Efeyi-Ugboju, Says Peter Obi

August 15, 2026
Police

Osun 2026: Police Announce Movement Restriction, Ban Amotekun, Others from Polling Units

August 14, 2026
Police

Osun 2026: 30 CPs, 15,000 Police Operatives Deployed for Saturday

August 14, 2026
Next Post
Paul Enenche

Pastor Enenche Stops Dunamis Church from Broadcasting Live Services, States Reason

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Home

© 2026 Metrowatch Online Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Security
  • World

© 2026 Metrowatch Online Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved

Go to mobile version