• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Home
Metrowatchonline
Monday, May 11, 2026
  • Home
  • News
  • Security
  • World
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Security
  • World
No Result
View All Result
Metrowatchonline
No Result
View All Result
Home Highlights

Beggars in FCT Now Liable for Arrest from Monday, FCT Minister, Wike Reveals

Kemmy by Kemmy
October 22, 2024
in Highlights, News, Top News
0
Beggars in FCT Now Liable for Arrest from Monday, FCT Minister, Wike Reveals

FCT Minister, Nyesom Wike

Minister of the FCT, Nyesom Wike has revealed that the Federal Capital Territory Administration will start arresting beggars at the capital territory.

This is as he warned roadside beggars to desist from the act or risk being arrested by enforcement agents.

According to him, the arrest will start from Monday.

The minister disclosed at Katampe during the flag-off ceremony of the construction of the access road to the newly flag-off judges’ quarters.

ALSO READ...

We’ll Continue to Award Projects to Julius Berger, Says Gov Oborevwori

Nigeria Government Pegs University, Nursing College Admission Cut-off Mark at 150

He lamented that the number of persons who stay on the road is alarming which poses a threat to security in the metropolis.

He then issued an October 27, 2024 ultimatum to the concerned parties to vacate the streets.

Wike had on Monday, recalled how he revoked the certificate of occupancy (C of O) of some plots of land allocated to German construction giant, Julius Berger, in the Katampe District of Abuja.

The minister spoke at the official Flag-Off Ceremony of the Design and Construction of 40 Judges’ Quarters at the nation’s capital.

The event was attended by the Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), Justice Kudirat Kekere-Ekun; and the President of the Court of Appeal of Nigeria, Justice Monica Dongban-Mensem; among other dignitaries.

Wike said 70% of funds for the project had been released after its approval by the Federal Executive Council last month. He said out of the 40 units to be constructed, 20 will be allocated to the FCT High Court, 10 to the Federal High Court, and 10 to the Court of Appeal.

Tags: FCTFCT BeggarsNyesom Wike
Previous Post

50 Cent Speaks on Sex Trafficking, Rape Allegations Leveled against Diddy

Next Post

Reps Summon Wike, DSS DG, Others Over Insecurity in FCT

Kemmy

Kemmy

Related Posts

APC

APC Clears Wike Loyalists, Disqualifies All Fubara-aligned Aspirants for State Assembly

May 11, 2026
wike

Land Allocation: Media Organizations Set up for Business Not Charity, Wike Replies Channels TV

May 7, 2026
Wike

Channels TV Dismisses Wike’s Claim over Alleged Land Allocation

May 7, 2026
wike

You Haven’t Submitted Budget but Busy Running for 2nd Term, Wike Slams Fubara

May 6, 2026
PDP

BREAKING | PDP Crisis: Wabara-led BoT Appoints 13-member NWC

May 4, 2026
ADC Convention: Wike Didn’t Threaten Us With Land Revocation – De Rainbow Event Centre

ADC Convention: Wike Didn’t Threaten Us With Land Revocation – De Rainbow Event Centre

May 1, 2026
Next Post
NASS to Fish Out Causes of Economic Sabotage in Petroleum Industry

Reps Summon Wike, DSS DG, Others Over Insecurity in FCT

  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Home

© 2026 Metrowatch Online Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Security
  • World

© 2026 Metrowatch Online Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved

Go to mobile version