• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Home
Metrowatchonline
Sunday, August 23, 2026
  • Home
  • News
  • Security
  • World
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Security
  • World
No Result
View All Result
Metrowatchonline
No Result
View All Result
Home Highlights

Fayose Releases Evidence Makinde Got N50bn from Tinubu

According to Fayose, the money was approved as emergency support after the deadly explosion that occurred in Ibadan in January 2024.

Emmanuel Babs by Emmanuel Babs
December 28, 2025
in Highlights, News, Top News
0
Fayose

*Ayodele Fayose

Former Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose, has shared documents he says prove that Oyo State Governor, Seyi Makinde, received N50 billion from the federal government led by President Bola Tinubu.

According to Fayose, the money was approved as emergency support after the deadly explosion that occurred in Ibadan in January 2024.

Governor Makinde had earlier denied this accusation and challenged Fayose to provide proof.

In response, Fayose released the documents and claimed that only N4.5 billion from the funds was given to people affected by the explosion.

He alleged that the remaining money was used to support Makinde’s alleged plan to run for president.

ALSO READ...

Tinubu’s Campaign Council Filled with Corruption Suspects, Says ADC

Amupitan: Osun Election to Serve as Benchmark for 2027 Mock Accreditation

In a statement he signed himself, Fayose said he made the documents public so Nigerians could decide for themselves whether the Oyo State Government has been truthful.

Fayose also dared Makinde to take legal action against him, while insisting that there are records showing that other financial support sent to Oyo State by Tinubu’s administration was never disclosed to the public.

Additionally, Fayose claimed he has documents revealing the true Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) of Oyo State, which he said is different from what the governor has publicly stated.

He added that he is confident in his claims and would not make such statements without evidence, saying he still has more documents he may release later if needed.

Fayose said: “Meanwhile, only N4.5bn was released to victims of the Ibadan Explosion. Rather, he diverted this fund and many others to his Presidential ambition, which is the reason for the crisis in the PDP and his attacks on President Bola Ahmed Tinubu and his government.
‎
‎ “Also, there are documentary evidences on the actual Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) of Oyo State, as against Governor Makinde’s claim, but we will keep our gunpowder dry for now. My name is still Ayo Fayose, I don’t say what I can’t prove.”

Previous Post

‘No Civilian Casualties’ – AFRICOM, Nigerian Military Confirm Precision Strikes on ISIS Terror Cells in Sokoto

Next Post

Why There’s Wave of Insecurity in Nigeria, Says Shehu Sani

Emmanuel Babs

Emmanuel Babs

Related Posts

ADC

Tinubu’s Campaign Council Filled with Corruption Suspects, Says ADC

August 23, 2026
Amupitan

Amupitan: Osun Election to Serve as Benchmark for 2027 Mock Accreditation

August 23, 2026
Atiku

Don’t Hide Tinubu’s Records from Nigerians, Atiku Tells FBI

August 22, 2026
Bruno Fernandes Takes Decision on Leaving Man Utd Amid Saudi Lucrative Offer

EPL: Bruno Fernandes Blames Man Utd Players for Defeat to Hull City

August 22, 2026
Makinde

Judge 2027 Candidates by Records, Ideas, Makinde Urges Voters

August 22, 2026
visa

US Court Blocks Trump’s Visa Ban Affecting Nigeria, 74 Other Countries

August 22, 2026
Next Post
Shehu Sani

Why There’s Wave of Insecurity in Nigeria, Says Shehu Sani

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Home

© 2026 Metrowatch Online Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Security
  • World

© 2026 Metrowatch Online Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved

Go to mobile version