• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Home
Metrowatchonline
Saturday, May 23, 2026
  • Home
  • News
  • Security
  • World
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Security
  • World
No Result
View All Result
Metrowatchonline
No Result
View All Result
Home Highlights

Iran Grounds Dozens of Aircraft after Conflict Damage

The newspaper Shargh, citing the association of Iranian airlines, reported Monday that the aircraft were affected during the conflict, though it remains unclear how many were destroyed or damaged.

Emmanuel Babs by Emmanuel Babs
April 13, 2026
in Highlights, Top News, World
0
Iran Grounds Dozens of Aircraft after Conflict Damage

By Cecilia Odey

Iran’s aviation sector has been significantly disrupted by recent hostilities, with 60 passenger aircraft taken out of service following Israeli and U.S. attacks, according to local media reports.

The newspaper Shargh, citing the association of Iranian airlines, reported Monday that the aircraft were affected during the conflict, though it remains unclear how many were destroyed or damaged.

Seven airports across the country were reportedly hit in the strikes.

ALSO READ...

APC to Present Tinubu with Certificate of Return, Party’s Flag as its 2027 Presidential Candidate

Gov Okpebholo Lauds Turnout at APC Presidential Primaries in Edo

The most severe damage was recorded at Mehrabad Airport in the capital, as well as in the northwestern city of Tabriz and the central desert city of Kashan.

It is a popular destination for domestic and international travelers.

Major carriers including Mahan Air and Iran Air were among the hardest hit, the association said.

The damage came amid a fragile two-week ceasefire agreed by the warring parties last week.

However, initial negotiations aimed at ending the conflict failed over the weekend, raising uncertainty about the stability of the truce and the timeline for recovery in Iran’s aviation industry.

 

(dpa/NAN)

Tags: AircraftIranIran’s aviation sectorUS
Previous Post

Court Shifts Ruling in Suit Seeking Removal of Mark, Aregbesola as ADC Leaders

Next Post

War on Terror: Tinubu Meets Security Chiefs

Emmanuel Babs

Emmanuel Babs

Related Posts

Riley Moore

Don’t Test Trump’s Resolve, US Congressman Riley Moore Warns Terrorists in Nigeria

May 18, 2026
Sheikh Gumi

Insecurity: Involving US Will Attract Foreign Terror Groups to Nigeria, Says Sheikh Gumi

May 18, 2026
Trump

Hormuz: U.S. Doesn’t Need China’s Help, Says Trump

May 13, 2026
Trump

Peace Proposal: We Will See What Happens, Trump Reacts to Iranian Response

May 9, 2026
Trump

Iran Just Informed us They’re in State of Collapse, Says Trump

April 28, 2026

Middle East War: Iran Can Call US if it Wants to Negotiate, Says Trump

April 26, 2026
Next Post
Tinubu

War on Terror: Tinubu Meets Security Chiefs

  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Home

© 2026 Metrowatch Online Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Security
  • World

© 2026 Metrowatch Online Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved

Go to mobile version