• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Home
Metrowatchonline
Monday, August 17, 2026
  • Home
  • News
  • Security
  • World
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Security
  • World
No Result
View All Result
Metrowatchonline
No Result
View All Result
Home Highlights

Kidnappers Demand N200m Ransom for Abducted Kebbi High Court Judge

Emmanuel Babs by Emmanuel Babs
July 28, 2026
in Highlights, Security, Top News
0
Court

Kidnappers, who abducted Justice Faruku Hassan Bunza of the Kebbi State High Court, have demanded a N200 million ransom for his release, as security agencies intensify efforts to rescue the judge.

The latest development was disclosed on Monday by the Kebbi State Commissioner of Police, CP Umar Muhammad Hadejia, while briefing journalists in Birnin Kebbi on the ongoing rescue operation.

According to the police commissioner, intelligence available to the command indicated that the abductors contacted the judge’s family and demanded N200 million before releasing him.

Hadejia also revealed that the kidnappers reached out to a registrar of the High Court in Abuja as part of efforts to negotiate the ransom.

He said the command had deployed tactical and intelligence operatives, alongside other security personnel, to comb forests and suspected escape routes believed to have been used by the kidnappers.

The commissioner added that security had been reinforced through the establishment of checkpoints and intensified surveillance across strategic locations to prevent the abductors from moving the victim.

ALSO READ...

Osun Victory: NDC Hails Adeleke, Faults Tinubu Endorsement

Five Killed, 10 Rescued in Separate Building Collapses in Kano 

He expressed confidence that the ongoing operation would lead to the judge’s safe rescue and the arrest of those behind the abduction.

Hadejia urged residents to remain vigilant and support security agencies with credible information that could aid the rescue operation, assuring the public that the command remained committed to securing Justice Bunza’s freedom and bringing the perpetrators to justice.

The police commissioner also advised residents, particularly public officials and other prominent individuals, to avoid unnecessary night travel due to prevailing security challenges, noting that such movements often expose travellers to attacks by criminal elements.

Tags: High CourtJustice Faruku Hassan BunzaKebbi StateKidnappers
Previous Post

Ex-DSS Director Dismisses Claims Surrounding Abacha’s Death

Next Post

No One Can Rig Osun Poll, Says Gov Adeleke

Emmanuel Babs

Emmanuel Babs

Related Posts

Troops

Troops Nab 2 Suspected Kidnappers in Borno

June 22, 2026
UniJos

Kidnappers Demand N30m as UniJos Student Pleads for Life in Viral video

April 14, 2026
Edo Govt Demolishes Houses Linked to Kidnappers in Uromi, Ekpoma

Edo Govt Demolishes Houses Linked to Kidnappers in Uromi, Ekpoma

March 5, 2025
Gunmen

Kidnappers Kill Banker after Collecting Ransom, Dump Corpse on Roadside in Anambra

January 15, 2025
Police

Police Arrest Suspected Female Self-kidnapper, Accomplice in Delta

January 9, 2025
Police Arrest 6 over Murder of Varsity Student in Katsina | METROWATCH

Delta Police Neutralises 3 Kidnappers, Recovers 4 AK-47 Riffles

October 6, 2024
Next Post
Adeleke

No One Can Rig Osun Poll, Says Gov Adeleke

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Home

© 2026 Metrowatch Online Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Security
  • World

© 2026 Metrowatch Online Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved

Go to mobile version