• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Home
Metrowatchonline
Sunday, August 23, 2026
  • Home
  • News
  • Security
  • World
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Security
  • World
No Result
View All Result
Metrowatchonline
No Result
View All Result
Home Highlights

Osun 2026: Adeleke Urges Voters to Defy Intimidation

Emmanuel Babs by Emmanuel Babs
August 3, 2026
in Highlights, POLITICS, Top News
0
Adeleke

*Ademola Adeleke

Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke has called on residents of the state to ignore alleged threats and intimidation ahead of the August 15 governorship election and come out in large numbers to vote.

Speaking during a church service in Osogbo on Sunday, Adeleke accused opposition figures in the state of resorting to violence after losing public support.

He expressed confidence in securing a second term, citing his administration’s achievements in workers’ welfare, healthcare, education, infrastructure and agriculture.

The governor assured residents that adequate measures were being taken to guarantee their safety during the election and urged them to vote according to their conscience.

Meanwhile, the Imole Campaign Council raised concerns over what it described as a tense political atmosphere in the state ahead of the poll.

The council alleged that dozens of Accord Party leaders and other political figures had been targeted for arrest in the run-up to the election and called on security agencies to ensure fairness and professionalism.

The council also appealed to the Inspector-General of Police, Tunji Disu, and other security chiefs to safeguard the democratic process and prevent any form of political intimidation.

ALSO READ...

Tinubu’s Campaign Council Filled with Corruption Suspects, Says ADC

Amupitan: Osun Election to Serve as Benchmark for 2027 Mock Accreditation

Accord Party presidential candidate, Gbenga Olawepo-Hashim, urged party members in Osun to remain loyal and work for the party’s success despite recent internal disagreements.

He criticised what he described as acts of disloyalty but insisted that party supporters should stay focused on the election.

Also, the Osun State chapter of the African Action Congress (AAC) faulted the decision of some governorship candidates to boycott a televised debate, arguing that public debates are essential for accountability and democratic engagement.

On his part, APC chieftain, Olatunbosun Oyintiloye, urged the police to remain neutral and ensure a peaceful, credible and violence-free election, stressing that voters must be adequately protected before, during and after the poll.

Tags: AccordAdemola AdelekeOsunOsun State Governor
Previous Post

2027: Jonathan Visits Tinubu in Aso Villa

Next Post

I Contested against INEC in 2023, Says Adebayo

Emmanuel Babs

Emmanuel Babs

Related Posts

Amupitan

Amupitan: Osun Election to Serve as Benchmark for 2027 Mock Accreditation

August 23, 2026
Isaac Fayose

Osun: Adeleke Now with Oppressors after Death of 29 Supporters, Says Isaac Fayose 

August 22, 2026
Adeleke

Osun: Adeleke Condoles Families of Electoral Violence Victims

August 21, 2026
Adeleke

Osun 2026: Adeleke Presents Certificate of Return to Wike

August 21, 2026
Accord Will Repeat Osun Feat in 2027, Says Adeleke’s Spokesperson 

Accord Will Repeat Osun Feat in 2027, Says Adeleke’s Spokesperson 

August 19, 2026
Adeleke

Adeleke Denies ADC Alliance Claims, Credits God, Osun Voters for Victory

August 18, 2026
Next Post
Adebayo

I Contested against INEC in 2023, Says Adebayo

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Home

© 2026 Metrowatch Online Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Security
  • World

© 2026 Metrowatch Online Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved

Go to mobile version