• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Home
Metrowatchonline
Thursday, May 21, 2026
  • Home
  • News
  • Security
  • World
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Security
  • World
No Result
View All Result
Metrowatchonline
No Result
View All Result
Home Highlights

Atiku: ‘I Didn’t Collect Money from Sanwo-Olu for 2023 Election Campaign’

This is contained in a statement issued by Atiku Media Office in Abuja on Thursday.

Emmanuel Babs by Emmanuel Babs
March 28, 2025
in Highlights, POLITICS, Top News
0
Atiku

By Emmanuel Oloniruha

Former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar says he never collected any money from Gov. Babajide Sanwo-Olu of Lagos for his 2023 election campaign.

This is contained in a statement issued by Atiku Media Office in Abuja on Thursday.

The Media Aide to Atiku, Paul Ibe, who issued the statement, denied the reports making the rounds that Sanwo-Olu gave money to the former vice-president for his 2023 presidential election campaign.

ALSO READ...

CBN Retains Interest Rate at 26.50%

Presidential Screening: I’ll Fight to Finish, Amaechi on Crisis in ADC

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Atiku was the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential candidate in the 2023 general elections.

Ibe, in the statement, described the insinuations as a lie and kindergarten propaganda.

He said that the report had claimed that Sanwo-Olu had made available to Abubakar money purportedly belonging to Lagos.

The media aide stated that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) was also credited with investigating the matter.

Ibe described the report as ‘a blatant lie from the pit of hell; a contrived political hogwash and a futile campaign of calumny aimed at advancing a political interest against Abubakar’.

He said that Abubakar did not know Sanwo-Olu and had never met him before.

“How is it possible for an Atiku that did not know and had no connection with Sanwo-Olu to be having a transaction with him involving the exchange of money – let alone during the presidential election of 2023 in which his boss was a contestant? To what end would that be?, he queried.

Ibe advised EFCC to make public the outcome of its alleged investigation, since it had been dragged into it.

He called for immediate halt to what he described as a voyage of misadventure and campaign of calumny against the person and reputation of Abubakar.

 

(NAN)

Tags: Atiku AbubakarBabajide Sanwo-olu
Previous Post

Tinubu Approves 4 New Members to NCDMB Governing Council

Next Post

No Leakage of Presidential Communication to Senate Since 2023, Says Akpabio

Emmanuel Babs

Emmanuel Babs

Related Posts

Amaechi

2027: Let’s Go to Primaries, You Don’t Believe in Zoning, Amaechi Tells Atiku

May 19, 2026
Atiku

A Nation Held Hostage: Tinubu’s Security Failure Has Become A National Tragedy, Says Atiku

May 12, 2026
Atiku

2027: Why Opposition Parties Should Rethink Zoning Presidency to South, Says Atiku

May 11, 2026
Atiku

‘They Are Coordinated Terror Attacks’, Atiku Slams Tinubu over Plateau Killings

May 7, 2026
Dele Momodu

2027: No Guarantee Atiku Will Defeat Obi at Primaries, Says Dele Momodu

May 6, 2026
Atiku

2027: ADC Will Become Formidable Force to Unseat Ruling Party, Says Atiku

May 1, 2026
Next Post
Akpabio

No Leakage of Presidential Communication to Senate Since 2023, Says Akpabio

  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Home

© 2026 Metrowatch Online Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Security
  • World

© 2026 Metrowatch Online Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved

Go to mobile version