• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Home
Metrowatchonline
Thursday, May 21, 2026
  • Home
  • News
  • Security
  • World
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Security
  • World
No Result
View All Result
Metrowatchonline
No Result
View All Result
Home Highlights

Edo: Troops of 4 Brigade Bust Kidnappers’ Hideouts in Owan, Esan Councils, Arrest 12 Suspects

In a statement, the Assistant Director Army Public Relations 4 Brigade Nigerian Army, Captain Kennedy Anyanwu, said during the operation, code-named Operation KO SALO, troops cleared Ugbovbighan Village, Olelo Forest, Egoro Amede Village, and conducted cordon-and-search operations at the Rugan Fulani settlement.

Emmanuel Babs by Emmanuel Babs
May 21, 2026
in Highlights, Security, Top News, Uncategorized
0
Edo: Troops of 4 Brigade Bust Kidnappers’ Hideouts in Owan, Esan Councils, Arrest 12 Suspects

*The suspects being lined out by troops.

Troops of 4 Brigade, under 2 Division Nigerian Army, in conjunction with the other security agencies and the Edo State Security Corps, arrested a total of 12 suspected kidnappers during clearance operations that started on 12 May 2026 in Owan East and Esan South-East Local Government Areas of Edo State.

In a statement, the Assistant Director Army Public Relations
4 Brigade Nigerian Army, Captain Kennedy Anyanwu, said during the operation, code-named Operation KO SALO, troops cleared Ugbovbighan Village, Olelo Forest, Egoro Amede Village, and conducted cordon-and-search operations at the Rugan Fulani settlement.

He said three suspected criminals namely; Ishaya Obadis, aged 20, Markus Ballu, aged 35, and Godknows Owonoji, aged 30, were arrested at Olelo Forest.

He disclosed that items recovered from the suspects included two motorcycles and two mobile phones.

ALSO READ...

Bauchi 2027: APC Clears Tuggar, Bala Wunti for Bauchi Governorship Race, Senator Shehu Buba Out

JUST IN | JAMB Releases 279 Previously Withheld UTME Results

According to him, preliminary investigations revealed that the suspects were collaborators and logistics suppliers to kidnappers.

He said consequently, the suspects were handed over to the Ekpoma Police Division for further action.

In a related development, troops further cleared Ekeke Forest, Ishiolili Village, and Camp Sule Rugan Fulani, all in Owan East Local Government Area of Edo State.

During the clearance operation, two suspects namely; Bala Mahmood, aged 70, and Ibrahim Abdullahi, aged 25, were arrested.

Items recovered from them included dangerous weapons and one small Tecno mobile phone.

The suspects and recovered items were also handed over to the Ekpoma Police Division for further investigation and prosecution.

Similarly, troops proceeded to clear Uwarlor-Oke Forest in Esan North-East Local Government Area, as well as the Udo Government Reserve Forest in Esan South-East Local Government Area of Edo State.

During the operation, seven suspected kidnappers namely; Isah Shehu, aged 25, Hamadu Safiyanu, aged 22, Tijani Shehu, aged 24, Yahaya Babangida, aged 25, Usman Hamza, aged 26, Abduladi Saleh, aged 23, and Gadafi Tukur, aged 27, were arrested within the Uwarlor-Oke Forest.

Items recovered from the suspects included one motorcycle and two itel mobile phones.

The suspects and recovered items were handed over to the Amendokhian Police Division for further action.

Also, troops in conjunction with the Nigerian Police Force and local vigilantes conducted operations at Emu Forest in Emu, Esan South East Local Government Area, Edo State.

During the operation, troops extensively searched Otobo Camp and Nnamdo Camp, one locally made long barrel gun and one motorcycle were recovered.

Recovered items were deposited at Ubiaja Police Division for further action.

Troops continue with the ongoing operation aimed at ridding the state of criminal elements.

The Commander, 4 Brigade Nigerian Army, Brigadier General Ahmed Balogun, commended the troops for their professionalism and charged them to sustain the operational tempo towards dismantling all kidnappers’ hideouts across Edo State.

He also reassured members of the public of the Brigade’s unwavering commitment to sustaining offensive operations aimed at eradicating kidnapping and protecting lives and property.

The Commander urged residents to continue providing timely and credible information to security agencies to support ongoing operations.

He further appreciated the General Officer Commanding (GOC) 2 Division, Major General Chinedu Nnebeife for his strategic guidance and support which he said has fostered operational excellence.

Tags: EdoNigerian ArmyTroopsTroops of 4 Brigadeunder 2 Division
Previous Post

Europa League: What I Told Aston Villa Players before win against Freiburg, Says Emery

Next Post

JUST IN | JAMB Releases 279 Previously Withheld UTME Results

Emmanuel Babs

Emmanuel Babs

Related Posts

Troops

Troops Nab 3 Suspected Collaborators, Logistics Suppliers to Kidnappers, 9 Others in Edo

May 20, 2026
Police

Security Operatives Rescue Abducted Woman, Arrest 5 Suspects

May 19, 2026
APC

Edo APC Deputy State Chairman Congratulates Winners of House of Representatives Primary Election

May 16, 2026
Okpebholo

Okpebholo Condemns UNIBEN Gate Killing

May 12, 2026
Borno: Troops Strike Huge, Eliminate 50 Terrorists that Came Knocking on 27 Brigade Hq Gates

Borno: Troops Strike Huge, Eliminate 50 Terrorists that Came Knocking on 27 Brigade Hq Gates

May 9, 2026
Troops

Troops Neutralize 3 Terrorists, Recover Weapons in Zamfara

May 8, 2026
Next Post
JAMB

JUST IN | JAMB Releases 279 Previously Withheld UTME Results

  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Home

© 2026 Metrowatch Online Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Security
  • World

© 2026 Metrowatch Online Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved

Go to mobile version