• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Home
Metrowatchonline
Friday, August 21, 2026
  • Home
  • News
  • Security
  • World
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Security
  • World
No Result
View All Result
Metrowatchonline
No Result
View All Result
Home Uncategorized

Osun urges Police to Investigate Attack on LP Governorship Candidate’s Residence

Isioma Ogochukwu by Isioma Ogochukwu
July 11, 2022
in Uncategorized
0
Police Confirm Gunmen Attack on Osun LP Governorship Candidate’s Residence

The Osun State Government has called on the police to thoroughly investigate the alleged attack by gunmen on the residence of Mr Lasun Yusuf, the Labour Party’s candidate for the July 16 governorship election in the state.

Addressing a news conference in Monday in Osogbo, Mr Ismail Omipidan, the Chief Press Secretary to Gov. Gboyega Oyetola, said it was necessary for the attack to be investigated to unmask those by behind it.

Omipidan said that it was funny for Yusuf to have alleged that his residence was attacked by the supporters of the governor.

“On behalf of the government, we are calling on the security operatives to please kindly investigate the allegation by Yusuf.

“I am tempted to believe that he is the one planning to unleash violence on the innocent people of Irepodun Local Government on the day of election. “If indeed we are to be violent, if indeed we were to be what Lasun Yusuf is painting us to be, I am sure we will probably would have been after PDP.”

If we are not after PDP, why on earth should we be after Hon. Lasun Yusuf?He urged the candidate to stop painting false pictures.

ALSO READ...

Osun 2026: Security Beefed up at INEC Office, Residents Stay Indoors

Cardinal Onaiyekan: Catholic Bishops Not Rented Cheerleaders, Atiku Slams Tinubu

“We know how he boasted before the primaries that he was going to win the primaries, and we saw the score, and he was already boasting that he will win this election,. “Maybe he is already preparing excuses why he will lose the forthcoming election, because I am very sure by the grace of God, our candidate will win.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the LP candidate, a former House of Representatives Deputy Speaker, had earlier told newsmen that gunmen attacked his residence at about 1a.m.

He said the attack lasted for 20 minutes and that his security details were able to repel the assailants without recording any casualty.

“At about 1 a.m., my house was attacked; the evidence is very prominent, my building is riddled with bullets

The Police in Osun also confirmed that gunmen attacked the residence of the Labour Party’s (LP) candidate.

SP Yemisi Opalola, police spokesperson in Osun, said unspecified number of gunmen attacked the residence in the early hours of Monday.

She said the assailants shot at Lasun’s building, but could not gain access before security operatives attached to the candidate chased them away.

She added that the attack was reported at the Ilobu Police Station and the Divisional Police Officer was at the scene of the attack to assess the situation.

(NAN)

Tags: Gunmen attackLP LasunOsunPolice
Previous Post

Police Confirm Gunmen Attack on Osun LP Governorship Candidate’s Residence

Next Post

‘They Wanted to Eliminate Me’, Osun Labour Party Candidate Lasun Recounts Attack Ordeal

Isioma Ogochukwu

Isioma Ogochukwu

Ogochukwu Isioma is a Master's degree holder in International Affairs and Diplomacy (with Distinction) from the Amadu Bello University, Zaria. With over half a decade-long active journalism practice, Ogochukwu is the Founder and Publisher of popular education-focused online medium, CAMPUS GIST, and currently writes for METROWATCH. He can be reached via ogochukwuisioma@gmail.com.

Related Posts

Adeleke

Osun: Adeleke Condoles Families of Electoral Violence Victims

August 21, 2026
Adeleke

Osun 2026: Adeleke Presents Certificate of Return to Wike

August 21, 2026
Police Arrest 12 for Alleged Vandalism of Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway

Police Arrest 12 for Alleged Vandalism of Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway

August 20, 2026
Adeleke

Adeleke Denies ADC Alliance Claims, Credits God, Osun Voters for Victory

August 18, 2026
Isaac Fayose

Osun Election: APC Spent N60b to Buy Votes, Fayose Alleges

August 18, 2026
APC

Osun Election: APC Spent N60bn on Vote-buying, Davido’s Father Alleges

August 18, 2026
Next Post
Osun urges Police to Investigate Attack on LP Governorship Candidate’s Residence

‘They Wanted to Eliminate Me’, Osun Labour Party Candidate Lasun Recounts Attack Ordeal

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Home

© 2026 Metrowatch Online Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Security
  • World

© 2026 Metrowatch Online Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved

Go to mobile version