• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Home
Metrowatchonline
Saturday, May 23, 2026
  • Home
  • News
  • Security
  • World
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Security
  • World
No Result
View All Result
Metrowatchonline
No Result
View All Result
Home News

Police Confirm Gunmen Attack on Osun LP Governorship Candidate’s Residence

Isioma Ogochukwu by Isioma Ogochukwu
July 11, 2022
in News
0
Police Confirm Gunmen Attack on Osun LP Governorship Candidate’s Residence

Police in Osun confirmed on Monday in Osogbo that gunmen attacked the residence of Mr Lasun Yusuf, Labour Party’s (LP) candidate for the July 16 governorship election in the state.

SP Yemisi Opalola police’s spokesperson in Osun said unspecified number of gunmen attacked the residence in the early hours of Monday.

She said the assailants shot at Lasun’s building, but could not gain access before security operatives attached to the candidate chased them away.

She added that the attack was reported at the Ilobu Police Station and the Divisional Police Officer was at the scene of the attack to assess the situation.

ALSO READ...

Ondo: Police Rescue 12 Kidnapped Passengers, Intensify Search for Others

Celebration as Okpebholo, Idahosa, Odubu, Imasuen Others Inspect Reconstructed Oba Market

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the LP candidate, a former House of Representatives Deputy Speaker, had earlier told newsmen that gunmen attacked his residence at about 1a.m.

He said the attack lasted for 20 minutes and that his security details were able to repel the assailants without recording any casualty.

“At about 1 a.m., my house was attacked; the evidence is very prominent, my building is riddled with bullets.

“In the last three governorship debates we have had, I have never attacked anybody on how to govern Osun.

“Unfortunately, this attack, to my surprise lasted for about 20 minutes. We have evidence of those that actually carried out the attack.

“The police have been to my house to assess the situation and the evidence gathered had been handed over to the police,’’ he said.

(NAN)

Tags: GunmenLasun YusufOsun LPPolice
Previous Post

OPINION | Harvest of Terror at the Centre of Power, By Dakuku Peterside

Next Post

Osun urges Police to Investigate Attack on LP Governorship Candidate’s Residence

Isioma Ogochukwu

Isioma Ogochukwu

Ogochukwu Isioma is a Master's degree holder in International Affairs and Diplomacy (with Distinction) from the Amadu Bello University, Zaria. With over half a decade-long active journalism practice, Ogochukwu is the Founder and Publisher of popular education-focused online medium, CAMPUS GIST, and currently writes for METROWATCH. He can be reached via ogochukwuisioma@gmail.com.

Related Posts

Police

Ondo: Police Rescue 12 Kidnapped Passengers, Intensify Search for Others

May 23, 2026
Police

Gombe: Police Uncover Live Ammunition Concealed in Sack

May 22, 2026
Police

Police Raid Kidnappers’ Hideout in Enugu, Recover AK-47 Rifles, Ammunition

May 20, 2026
Police

Security Operatives Rescue Abducted Woman, Arrest 5 Suspects

May 19, 2026
Rivers: Police Dismiss 5 Officers over Robbery, Kidnapping

Rivers: Police Dismiss 5 Officers over Robbery, Kidnapping

May 15, 2026
Sheriff Oborevwori

Gov Oborevwori Condemns Police Killing, Pledges Justice for Slain Delta Youth

April 30, 2026
Next Post
Police Confirm Gunmen Attack on Osun LP Governorship Candidate’s Residence

Osun urges Police to Investigate Attack on LP Governorship Candidate’s Residence

  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Home

© 2026 Metrowatch Online Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Security
  • World

© 2026 Metrowatch Online Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved

Go to mobile version