• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Home
Metrowatchonline
Saturday, May 23, 2026
  • Home
  • News
  • Security
  • World
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Security
  • World
No Result
View All Result
Metrowatchonline
No Result
View All Result
Home Highlights

Ondo: Police Rescue 12 Kidnapped Passengers, Intensify Search for Others

DSP Abayomi Jimoh, the command’s Spokesperson, who made this known in a statement on Saturday in Akure, said the victims were in two commercial Hiace buses conveying passengers from Benue State en route Ibadan.

Emmanuel Babs by Emmanuel Babs
May 23, 2026
in Highlights, News, Top News
0
Police

By Muftau Ogunyemi

 

The Police Command in Ondo State says it has rescued 12 victims abducted during a kidnapping incident which occurred in the early hours of Saturday at Isua-Akoko, Akoko South-East Local Government Area of the state.

 

ALSO READ...

Sleeping with Another Man’s Wife Attracts Curses, Shan George Reacts to Chike, Edoho saga

Shettima Jets Out to Benin Republic for Wadagni’s Inauguration

DSP Abayomi Jimoh, the command’s Spokesperson, who made this known in a statement on Saturday in Akure, said the victims were in two commercial Hiace buses conveying passengers from Benue State en route Ibadan.

 

Jimoh said the rescue followed a distress report received by the command at about 0130hrs, that the passengers of commercial buses had been violently intercepted by suspected armed kidnappers.

 

According to him, the attackers reportedly forced several passengers out of the vehicles and marched them into a nearby forest.

 

“Following the report, the police immediately activated a coordinated rescue operation as operatives of the command, alongside local hunters and other security stakeholders, were swiftly mobilised to the scene..

 

“Upon arrival, the combined rescue team commenced an intensive bush-combing operation across the surrounding forests and difficult terrains where the victims were believed to have been taken.

 

“Intelligence-led surveillance and strategic tracking efforts were simultaneously intensified to trail the fleeing suspects and facilitate the safe rescue of the remaining victims.

 

“The sustained pressure mounted by the combined security team yielded significant success as 12 kidnapped victims, including the drivers of the affected buses, were successfully rescued alive.

 

“The rescued victims are currently receiving necessary medical attention and support while arrangements are being made to reunite them with their families,” he said

 

Jimoh, therefore, reassured the public that operations were still ongoing to secure the release of the remaining victims and bring all those involved in the act to justice.

 

The spokesperson also said additional tactical and intelligence assets had been deployed to the area to reinforce the ongoing rescue and manhunt operations.

 

According to him, the Commissioner of Police (CP) in the state, Felix Ohagwu, visited the scene of the incident where he held strategic engagements with community heads, local vigilante groups and other relevant stakeholders within the axis.

 

“During the meeting, the CP stressed the need for sustained collaboration between the police, local communities, and other security actors.

 

“The meeting is in order to facilitate the rescue of the remaining victims, apprehend the fleeing suspects, and prevent future occurrences of such criminal activities in the area.

 

“The CP further reaffirmed the command’s unwavering commitment to protecting lives and property across Ondo State and maintaining relentless pressure on criminal elements operating within the state.

 

“Ohagwu commended the bravery, professionalism and swift response of the police operatives, tactical teams, local hunters and other security collaborators involved in the operation.

 

“He urged residents to remain calm, vigilant and supportive of security agencies by providing timely and credible information capable of aiding ongoing operations and broader crime prevention efforts.

 

“The command remains resolute in its determination to combat kidnapping and other violent crimes and will continue to deploy all lawful means necessary to ensure the safety and security of residents across Ondo State,” he said.

 

(NAN)

Tags: OndoPolice
Previous Post

Sleeping with Another Man’s Wife Attracts Curses, Shan George Reacts to Chike, Edoho saga

Next Post

Gov Okpebholo Lauds Turnout at APC Presidential Primaries in Edo

Emmanuel Babs

Emmanuel Babs

Related Posts

Police

Gombe: Police Uncover Live Ammunition Concealed in Sack

May 22, 2026
Police

Police Raid Kidnappers’ Hideout in Enugu, Recover AK-47 Rifles, Ammunition

May 20, 2026
Police

Security Operatives Rescue Abducted Woman, Arrest 5 Suspects

May 19, 2026
Rivers: Police Dismiss 5 Officers over Robbery, Kidnapping

Rivers: Police Dismiss 5 Officers over Robbery, Kidnapping

May 15, 2026
Mimiko

2027: Former Ondo Governor, Mimiko Officially Joins APC

May 14, 2026
Sheriff Oborevwori

Gov Oborevwori Condemns Police Killing, Pledges Justice for Slain Delta Youth

April 30, 2026
  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Home

© 2026 Metrowatch Online Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Security
  • World

© 2026 Metrowatch Online Published by Miraculous Media Connect Limited. All rights reserved

Go to mobile version